Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Illusion of Truth

This is part of NaPoWriMo - writing 30 poems in 30 days

Day Two:
Prompt: the poem that tells a lie

I knew I was made for him
and he for me,
his glance the very first day
told me so-
there I was with my pretty friend Jenny
and yet, he looked longingly at me.
I was lonely, lost and looking out
for someone,
anyone who would care
to look back at me,
to want me
despite my distracting, distant gaze
into the non-existent forlorn future
so when you looked
I knew it had to be you
so when you finally tied the knot
months later with my pretty friend Jenny
I understood myself
completely
knowing the farcical truth
that I had been living
to live a lie.
I knew then I was made for him
'cos I saw him looking longingly
at the bridesmaid as he kissed the bride!

No comments: